Saturday, August 24, 2019

A SIMPLE LIFE ON PAPER 📃 (part 3)

Those three were actually creative and sharp. The other guys that 0came up later were mentally late. Emeka behaved as if he was a more important than all of us in the office and considered the fact that Uzomaka was also Igbo as his exclusive right to her attention.
Patrick was always busy online. Blackberry should sue him using their device beyond its prescribed basic use.
He couldn’t design a gate when I asked him to. He couldn’t design a low-cost two bedroom semi-detached, he could not repair workshop. To make matters worse… he is slow at typing on a regular PC!
A two months after I had paid my rent I got a call from an unknown number. It was my landlord Chief Balogun.
After our pleasantries, he inquired if the caretaker had gotten in touch with me. He sounded annoyed when the answer was negative. He said he was coming over the next day. He had something to do in the compound. I had no problem with that. It was going to be Saturday.
Saturday was just another boring day. I was at home watching some movies I had downloaded over the week and drinking my homemade jug of milkshakes (I would buy bananas, a whole pineapple, watermelon, oranges and a litre of yogurt then I would blend them up in batches). I had completely forgotten about my landlord’s arrival. The man ended up coming sometime around three in the afternoon. His driver knocked on my door and told me Chief was waiting in the opposite apartment.
I went to my room, put on a shirt and went to meet him.
He was with a lady and they hushed whatever they were talking about when they felt my presence. She looked really alluring. She had an lean figure with just the right amount of curves to count as an eight but that was not what made stand in awe for a brief second; She had
such a beautiful face I did not even notice she was busty!
Chief introduced her as his daughter Tinuke. She was going to serve in the state so she decided to take up the only vacant apartment he had in the estate. Then he went on to tell me how the caretaker had been collecting huge sums of money for the annual renovation of each flat. He had discovered it the other day when I told him I effected the renovations from my own pocket so he asked a quantity surveyor to estimate the cost of the work I had done and told the caretaker to pay me back the said amount.
We went around the apartment and she was alright with it. There were some minor points of concern that I pointed out to them and He was in agreement. The both rode off in the Prado after the chief made his intention to sue his caretaker for a gross negligence of duty.
When I thought of Tinuke; a bone grows. For the first time in a long time, a lady featured in my dreams.
At work, the ladies were in the middle of a territorial display between Greg and Emeka. They would raise their voices and generally be rude to each other. Then they would try and get the support of Maryann, Irene, Bunmi or Uzomaka. I avoided their confrontations as best I could. My mind usually went into work.
Uzi had started being nice to me all of a sudden. She went out with Bunmi for lunch and got me a takeaway bag. I was so stupefied that it was showing on my face.
“You work too hard. I would not like to see you get an ulcer” she said with a wink as she went majestically walked back to her seat. I think I said, “thank you” at one point but I am not too sure.
Watch Out For Part 4

No comments:

Post a Comment